Old I Say Thee Nay!

Stupid links, random comments, and occasionally even sustained insight.

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

UPS Global Home: My first post back at school isn't a "things are going super!" missive, it's an I-hate-UPS RANT. I can't bring myself to go to sleep until I've gotten this off my chest: Fuck you, United Parcel Service.

Over the past two months, I have had three encounters with UPS. On one occasion, things went as planned. That's a 33% success rate. The first incident occured with my laptop, you'll find details of that in the Archives for March. This time around, I ordered a computer game online from Future Shop, and they chose to send it UPS. I was already dead set against UPS, I would never pick it, even when it costs me more - I've already done this, too. They attempt to deliver it on Friday. No one was home, they leave a little sticky note saying it will be delivered between 10:30 and 2:30 Monday. Fine. I have one class, it's at 8:30, that's easily doable. In addition, this class lasts twenty minutes today, since it's the first day and the prof will start lectures in earnest on Wednesday. So I'm home with plenty of time to spare. Now get this: the tracking information says "Receiver unavailable, 2nd attempt" for 11:14. Guess what: I was home all god damned day, I never heard a knock on the door, and roommate Jen was home all day as well. And aren't you supposed to leave me a note? Because I have one from Friday, but today's is NOWHERE to be seen.

Actually, there's a lie in the preceding paragraph, I did hear a knock on the door. It was the cable guy. We were having problems with our service, and he was available to fix it. The afternoon after the problems were found. The cable company had a better response rate than UPS. Rogers has given me nothing but love in the customer service department. Let THAT sink in for a second. I've heard nothing but horror stories about Rogers, but my experiences with them have always been on the good side.

School was okay, for the twenty minutes of class I had. I spent more time in transit walking. Danielle's in my class, which is nice, since the 8:30 databases class has different assignments and exams than the other two sections. Which is annoying. Yay Danielle! Sorry Alison, seems like it may not be such a great idea to go to yours... although, the over/under on how many 8:30 database classes I actually make it to is (probably liberally) set at 10, and something's better than nothing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home