Old I Say Thee Nay!

Stupid links, random comments, and occasionally even sustained insight.

Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Things are set up for me to go to sunny Mountain View, California! My flight leaves Buffalo Airport at 1 PM ET on January 10 for Detroit, Michigan; and then my connecting flight departs Detroit at 3:25 PM ET bound for San Francisco; ETA 5:40 PM PT. I return at 9:59 PM ET on May 1 in Buffalo, after spending about forty minutes in Detroit and bidding San Francisco a (hopefully) fond goodbye at 12:45 PM PT. I have a place to live; I'd post the address but it is all the way upstairs and I'm lazy. You'll probably get an e-mail with that kinda stuff about the twelfth or thirteenth. Maybe before, but then you'll get another one with a phone number. And maybe I'll make a page for personal info, but first:

From an e-mail Cressa wrote:
"You know, you should really get a livejournal. then I can talk back to you webpage. =) and you can read what I write. Except that I'll have to go erase what I said about you before. just kidding. =)"

Well, I Say Thee Nay! Which saves Cressa the trouble of erasing the stuff she said about me. ;)

Why? Because talkbalk is indeed in the works, using "my" mad Perl and CGI skillz. I've got less than two weeks to get it running; let's hope it goes better than any other changes to this thing I've had on a deadline. It'll be so much easier when I can use my computer after I set up high speed internet and a wireless network for my Dad and brother.

Of course, my computer, with its archives of crappy things I've written and my mp3 collection, will not be coming with me. At least my mp3s, much like my CDs, contain songs I don't listen to anymore. And it will, of course, be replaced with something new. Here's Raymond's suggestion. I like how that man thinks; although I'm gonna wait and see what Google can do for me before I commit to anything.

So life in Silicon Valley without a computer working for Google. That's crazy shit, man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home