Old I Say Thee Nay!

Stupid links, random comments, and occasionally even sustained insight.

Monday, December 01, 2003

So it's December, and it snowed out. A lot.

CS Assignments are out of the way; only an English paper left. Unsurprisingly, that's what's spurred me to post. Alas, the procrastination bug strikes again. Fortunately, I have started; unlike last time, back in the middle of October.

Completion of the CS assignments was surprisingly satisfying. OS was essentially done on Saturday - excepting weirdness yesterday. I also managed to finish Algorithms at about 3:57 PM today, just under the wire for the 4 PM deadline. NP-Completely.

Co-op's going reasonable, I suppose. I was a few minutes late for my interview with Desire2Learn, which is horrifyingly bad, although I thought it went well except for that - it's a pretty BIG that, though. I was waiting for the one o'clock bus to take me down King Street from 12:55 to 1:15 before giving up and asking Raymond for a ride - so a big "Thank you" to him for making it so I wasn't even later. Other people I'm interviewing with is Google. Yes, that Google. Their three-interviews-with-engineers process is slow, but will come to an end tomorrow when I'm visited by the engineer of software development future. Here's hoping for the best - whichever company I end up working for. Also a nice place to live in Mountainview, California next term if that should be what fate has planned for me. Obviously, if Desire2Learn liked me enough to look past my MASSIVE faux pas, I won't need to look for living quarters, what with me being but a bus ride away. It'd be good to work for either company - Desire2Learn's got some really nice digs and John works there; and Google looks like fun from the pictures they've got on the 'net, plus what they're working on fascinates me like nothing I've ever seen before.

That's all. Five hundred more words on my essay and I'll be set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home