Old I Say Thee Nay!

Stupid links, random comments, and occasionally even sustained insight.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

From an article on GameSpot, Sony Computer Entertainment president Ken Kutaragi comments on the unresponsiveness of one of the PSP buttons: "I believe we made the most beautiful thing in the world. Nobody would criticize a renowned architect's blueprint that the position of a gate is wrong. It's the same as that."

He's picked the wrong analogy, of course. That gate still works. This is more like a renowned architect making the gate too thin and too short, so a significant percentage of the population can't get through. And that architect will get slammed for making such an idiotic design decision.

I would like a PSP. WipEout has ALWAYS been a weakness of mine. But reports like this and the ability to fire the game media out of the system make me nervous as to whether I can trust the damn thing to last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home