Old I Say Thee Nay!

Stupid links, random comments, and occasionally even sustained insight.

Tuesday, August 19, 2003

Continuing my oh-so-exciting Monday Night, I watched Monday Night Football in preparation for the regular season. No, I'm not gonna blather on about how so-and-so looks really good, as I learned last year with my predictions of greatness for the Washington Redskins, that's a sucker's game. I will go as far as saying there will be two teams in the Superbowl, one from the AFC and one from the NFC. And I will even say that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers won last year. But this year? Who knows? Not I.

Where was I? Oh, right. Anyways, the aforementioned Bucs were playing tonight, which made me think of the movie I went to see on Saturday: Pirates of the Caribbean, the second of Disney's latest trip of making movies based on rides, which began with The Country Bears and will continue with The Haunted Mansion, if I recall the trip I made to Walt Disney World when I was eight correctly. Pirates of the Caribbean was, as John Madden would put it, a heckuva good movie. Keira Knightley was beautiful ("but she's only 18!"), Johnny Depp was hilarious and dashing all at the same time, Geoffrey Rush was a brilliant villian and Orlando Bloom... didn't do anything that really stood out. But I hear that "he's so dreeeeeeeeaaaaaammmmmyyyyy," so that's probably good.

Okay, sleep now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home