Old I Say Thee Nay!

Stupid links, random comments, and occasionally even sustained insight.

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

I don't care if you don't normally read comics, you need to go to a comic book store and buy Adam Strange #1. Here's a preview. IMPORTANT: Not this or this, I like them but I LOVE the new Adam Strange series. It is exactly what I love about comic books. There are plenty of good books (and even better stories in comics) out there but none that so perfectly capture what a comic should be like. And Adam Strange isn't a comic superhero but a classic sci-fi hero, a man who is quick with a raygun and has a solid right hook. Get it. If you don't like it, tell me the next time I see you and I will pay you back.

edited to add some info: Adam Strange #1 is the first part of an 8-issue limited series published by DC Comics written by Andy Diggle and art by Pascal Ferry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home